As part of our ongoing effort to protect the security and privacy of our customers, we have developed a series of tips to prevent you or your loved ones from falling victim to the fraudulent practices that have occurred in the tourism industry today.
As well as we remind you of our official means of contact and the main cases identified that will help you to know, recognize and invite you to report any type of suspicious activity and, therefore, avoid being a victim of scams.
That is why we advise you to take precautions to ensure that your information remains secure.
PARADISE PASS SAFETY TIPS
- Check that it is the official URL, email and/or telephone number of Paradise Pass.
- Carefully read the information received.
- The original and official name is Paradise Pass.
- The official and only website is www.paradisepass.com.
- The emails from which we will contact you end in @paradisepass.com
- The only promotions and communications are sent from the official emails:
- email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Contact us if you have any questions at the official email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at:
- The telephone numbers from which the outgoing call is recorded are: +52 998 8001375 | +52 998 8810573 | +52 998 8001375 | +52 998 2960331
Identify the following fraudulent means of contact to prevent a fraud
Fraudulent websites:We don't use the "mx" neither "-" in our domains
Fraudulent email addresses
We don't use the "mx" neither "-" in our email addresses
WHAT PARADISE PASS DOES NOT DO
- Does NOT contact you as Leading Destinations, Hard Rock Hotels nor Legendary Vacation Club.
- Does NOT offer free nights nor do we require you to email us your original certificate.
- Does NOT contact you via SMS.
- Does NOT offer or sell flights or any vacation packages with air tickets.
- Does NOT request your credit card details, passwords, bank accounts, ID or personal details.
- The advisor will NOT request your official identification or signed authorization form, charges to your credit card or payments via electronic transfer during the call.
- Does NOT charge for transfers or bank deposits.
OTHER TYPES OF FRAUD ATTEMPTS
VISHING (VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL)
Similar to smishing, this occurs through a text message and a subsequent call to verify data and request access to confidential information, it is important to validate that the numbers from which we dial or receive messages are the official ones.
Scammers can spoof phone numbers, so we recommend that you do not fully trust caller ID and be vigilant for unusual requests or behavior.
If you are suspicious of the call, it may be a fraud. Follow these steps:
- Do not answer suspicious questions or sensitive information such as personal and / or financial information.
- If they ask for sensitive information, hang up immediately and report it.
Cyber criminals have developed malware that allows them to steal information from your computers and mobile devices, within which they can steal your financial information, to avoid this:
- Use an updated and activated antivirus to protect your computers.
- Don’t download software from unsafe sites and don’t install pirated software.
- Keep your operating system and applications up to date.
- Don’t open and download email content from unknown recipients.
PHISHING BY MAIL AND WEBSITE
It is a type of SPAM that consists of sending emails whose objective is to obtain confidential information to carry out illegal acts and / or fraud, these emails usually contain links or files that can activate malware on computers.
Do not respond to text messages of numbers offering offers, these numbers must be identified as unique from the Club.
Emails with information about sales or promotions should only come from the official account, Paradise Pass, it does not carry out campaigns aimed at obtaining information or requesting customer data.
It is a protected site that meets the highest security standards on the internet to take care of the confidentiality of your information.
Check that it contains https (secure site) and the domain corresponds to the official ones.
PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
- Protect your identity (username and password) to access your account.
- Do not use public machines to consult your information.
- Always try to verify what information you are capturing on the site.
PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER AND INTERNET CONNECTION
- Check that your antivirus is up to date.
- Make sure the internet connection is secure, such as public Wi-Fi networks.
- Do not download files to your computer from unsafe or dubious sites as it may be a virus, a program to steal your information (Spyware) or a link that consists of manipulating DNS addresses to lead the user to a false web page (Pharming ).
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We adhere to a strict use of data, encrypting each part of the information and storing it according to the explicit data treatment in the privacy notice.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you to book the best vacation in paradise at your favorite destination.